Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:
- Mark and I both cut our hair at home.
- Mark spent Saturday down at Scout Camp helping his troop tear down everything after a week at camp. He usually goes for the week (which costs money in fees and supplies) but this year he stayed home because we have Mr. O. I am SO thankful that he stayed as I am NOT ready to be home alone all week with both kids. Since he did not spend the night he did not have to pay to go.
- We ate dinner at home all week and only gave in to ordering out for Friday night pizza. We did cut down our order from pizza and sides to just pizza. This saved us $20.
- Annabeth and I hosted company on Saturday and Monday. We bought supplies to make Monster Cookies and made half of the batch on Friday and then made the second half on Sunday. This way we had nice fresh cookies for all of our company but we only had to buy supplies once.
- Saturday evening I made spaghetti bake and used up some pepperoni that was in the fridge as well as leftover garlic bread from lunch. We had leftovers for dinner on Sunday and Monday night and did not have to throw away any food on trash day (Tuesday).
- I registered for the Here We Grow Again - Indy South Sale which will be the first weekend in October. I have already entered over 40 items.
- We received a rather fancy advertisement in the mail. It was from an insurance company and shaped like a pizza box with a cardboard pizza inside. We aren't switching to their insurance but it has made a great toy for Annabeth's kitchen.
Cutest delivery girl I've ever seen!
- Wednesday we met friends at the Greenwood Splash Pad for water fun and a picnic lunch. Annabeth loved playing with her friend and Owen and I enjoyed visiting with her mama and brother.
- A friend from work gave us a huge bag of hand-me-downs for Annabeth. It was two full loads of laundry and a huge blessing for the next few sizes! All of the items that were too small for Annabeth, as well as some items that there were duplicates of, went to friends of ours. We love to receive hand-me-downs and to keep passing them along as well.
We hope you all had a wonderful week!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"