Many thanks to all of you who check in each week and encourage us in frugal living!
Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- I exchanged two outfits that had been gifted to Owen as they are too small. I was able to get four shirts and one pair of pants for just $.97 after that credit.
- We spent Friday - Monday in Evansville/Owensboro introducing Owen to my families. We were sent home with lots of goodies and we are SO thankful for everyone's kindness!
Annabeth enjoying a pizza picnic lunch at Momaw's
Mr. O finally surrendered to his nap.
He was great in the car but not so happy being off his schedule while visiting people.
- On the drive to Evansville both of the kids were asleep for a good portion of the drive. Mark and I had a great talk about some budget and financial goals for the next few years.
- I was excited to see that ThredUP now allows you to choose a school to support and 5% of what you spend goes towards your school. I chose Oaklandon Elementary School in Indianapolis as it is the school where my brother-in-law teaches.
- Mark worked a night shift at his part time job.
- Tuesday I had my 6 week postpartum appointment and Owen had his 1 month appointment. Luke and Cassidy graciously agreed to watch Annabeth for me since the appointment was going to be lengthy. We repaid their kindness by sharing dinner with them - Sloppy Joes, green beans, and other fruits and veggies.
- While in Greenwood for our appointment, I ran to Babies R Us and exchanged a box of Size 1 diapers for Size 2 diapers. I had bought them early with a double coupon deal and was happy that they price matched that for the exchange. I also saved on gas by combining the trip with the doctor's appointment.
We had a great week! Thursday the kids and I met camp friends for lunch and it was wonderful to see Brianne, Bethany, and baby Abraham. We are looking forward to seeing more friends over the next three days. I love summer travels! :)
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"