Friday, July 17, 2015

Frugal Friday 100!!

Happy 100th to our Frugal Friday Posts!

Many thanks to all of you who check in each week and encourage us in frugal living!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I exchanged two outfits that had been gifted to Owen as they are too small. I was able to get four shirts and one pair of pants for just $.97 after that credit.

- We spent Friday - Monday in Evansville/Owensboro introducing Owen to my families. We were sent home with lots of goodies and we are SO thankful for everyone's kindness!

Annabeth enjoying a pizza picnic lunch at Momaw's 

Mr. O finally surrendered to his nap.
He was great in the car but not so happy being off his schedule while visiting people. 

- On the drive to Evansville both of the kids were asleep for a good portion of the drive. Mark and I had a great talk about some budget and financial goals for the next few years.

- I was excited to see that ThredUP now allows you to choose a school to support and 5% of what you spend goes towards your school. I chose Oaklandon Elementary School in Indianapolis as it is the school where my brother-in-law teaches.

- Mark worked a night shift at his part time job.

- Tuesday I had my 6 week postpartum appointment and Owen had his 1 month appointment. Luke and Cassidy graciously agreed to watch Annabeth for me since the appointment was going to be lengthy. We repaid their kindness by sharing dinner with them - Sloppy Joes, green beans, and other fruits and veggies.

- While in Greenwood for our appointment, I ran to Babies R Us and exchanged a box of Size 1 diapers for Size 2 diapers. I had bought them early with a double coupon deal and was happy that they price matched that for the exchange. I also saved on gas by combining the trip with the doctor's appointment.

We had a great week! Thursday the kids and I met camp friends for lunch and it was wonderful to see Brianne, Bethany, and baby Abraham. We are looking forward to seeing more friends over the next three days. I love summer travels! :)

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: