Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark worked two nights at his part time job.
- Friends had us over for a play date and make us an enchilada casserole and rice for lunch. Cynthia sent home a generous amount of leftovers so we wouldn't have to cook dinner. Her girls also shared Mexican candy from their birthday party with Annabeth. We enjoyed trying the candy and learning about some of their birthday customs.
- I shampoo'd and conditioned my hair for FREE all week. I received a free sample to review online and also received free samples from Sam's Club.
- I bought ahead baby food combining a sale and coupon to get FOUR FREE! I just made sure the expiration dates were beyond when Mr. O will be ready to eat them.
- Saturday we went bowling as a family. Just Mark and Annabeth bowled and Mark took his own ball and shoes to save on the rental fees. The bowling alley even gave us the afternoon special (saving us an additional $4) even though it was only 11:30.
- I received a FREE gift from Shutterfly and used it to make and buy a place mat. We will give it as a Christmas gift. Saved: $14.99
- Tuesday night Annabeth and I made homemade pizza instead of ordering pizza. We were a little heavy handed with the olive oil so it was soggy but we had fun making it. She LOVES to be in the kitchen and insists on helping make every meal.
Dear Sweet Nanners,
Please stay little.
Standing on her "cookin' chair"
(Please don't mind the broken crust.
We had a dropped bag coming in from the grocery)
- I earned $10 credit on ThredUP through my referral link. Thank you to all those who have purchased through this link - we have really been blessed by our credit money and have been able to purchase many items for the kids!
We had a great week with playdates and pre-back-to-school fun!
Next Monday we head back to school for real! :)
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"