Friday, August 7, 2015

Frugal Friday 103

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this past week:

- Mark worked one night at his part time job

- On Friday, we met friends at the free splash pad in Greenwood. We packed a picnic lunch and Annabeth made chocolate chip muffins to share with her friends.

- Mark's parents returned from visiting South Dakota where Jenn had boxed up 5!!! boxes of hand-me-downs for the kids! Hooray! I washed and organized all of them. Any that are too small for Annabeth or that we did not need I will sell for Jenn at the fall consignment sale and send her a check.

- Luke and Cassidy went to IKEA last week and were kind enough to pick up new kid-tableware for us. We got two sets of plates (10 total), two sets of bowls (10 total), and one set of fork/knife/spoons (5 full sets) for just $10! We had looked at getting one of each thing online but with shipping it would have been $15 so we decided to wait until someone we knew was going to the store. We were able to get 2 extra sets AND save $5!

- I accidentally broke the SD card for our camera and now it is a write only card. I was able to order a new one off Amazon (with free shipping) and I added a book for a birthday gift to my order. I was able to pay for both items and the book's shipping with an Amazon giftcard I earned doing online surveys.

- I made two purchases for Annabeth's birthday party on Etsy. I made sure to run the purchases through Ebates for 2% cash back.

- Our friends the Jones Family gave the kids matching PJs as a Welcome Owen gift. We gave their daughter and son matching PJs when Karsten was born in 2013 and that made this gift all the more special. The kids look adorable - thank you!

She loves to hold his hand
and be his boss. 
She is telling him, "No yelling in pictures." 

- Thursday we had a mall day. I got Annabeth: 2 shirts, 1 dress, 1 tutu, and 1 pair of leggings and I got Owen 1 outfit and 5 pairs of pants all for just $30! I love end of summer/back to school sales!!

Happy back to (home)school everyone!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: