Friday, August 14, 2015

Frugal Friday 104

Happy 2 Year Anniversary to our "Frugal Friday" series!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friends from work gave us diapers for Owen as their daughter was allergic to them. We found out that Owen was allergic as well. Since there were 20 or so I updated my facebook status with free diapers and was able to share them with a friend. We love getting/giving free things!

- We met friends for dinner and Miss Charlotte was sweet enough to treat us all. Thank you!!

- My friend Rose has left the elementary school classroom and moved to preschool. She was cleaning out school supplies and was kind enough to share an entire car-full with Luke as it is his first year teaching. I did pick out a few things to use in our homeschool and took the rest to Luke. Any items he could not use were offered to our homeschool group and some found homes there as well.

- Mark's mom took Annabeth to a birthday party on Saturday. Annabeth enjoyed a cookout and some birthday cake (well the frosting at least) and I was able to sneak in a little nap!

- I listed and sold an item on our Facebook Garage Sale page for my sister-in-law. Made her $15.

- Mark rolled the change in Annabeth's piggy bank. We were able to add more than $50 to her savings account! We also opened a savings account for Owen.

- Mark packed his lunch for work each day and Annabeth and I ate leftovers. I am exclusively nursing Owen so feeding him is free.

- A friend needed her water bottle changed and her husband is out of town. I told her I would bring Mark over to do it. We did it Tuesday evening while out on our family walk. It pushed us to walk further than usual and we helped a friend!

- Annabeth is REALLY into My Little Pony. The day we had Owen's first ultrasound Mark and Owen bought Annabeth a My Little Pony stuffed animal at the hospital gift shop as her "Big Sister" gift. Ever since then she has been really into them! My mama gifted her a My Little Pony shirt that she loves to wear. I have been finding books and Mark found DVDs at the library to help her enjoy them for free!

My Little Pony Nut! 

- I received my Ebates paycheck for this past quarter. We will buy Annabeth's birthday gift with this money.

We had a wonderful week enjoying the great weather and good company with friends!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: