Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark worked two nights at his part time job.
- Sunday I spent the day in the Louisville area on a Girls' Day with my best friend. We had so much fun getting coffee and talking, eating lunch and talking, and shopping and talking (we do love talk and doing it kid free was such a blessing!) I enjoyed a wonderful day for under $30.
- Mark's parents came down Sunday to spend the day with Mark and the kids. I made chilli in the crock-pot for lunch, instead of eating out, and Mark said they had a fun day playing together.
- Mark had to get a prescription filled. I used goodrx, and a coupon from the site, to save $11 and find the lowest price in town. I love using their site - especially in this case because the RX would have been over $30 if we had just used our regular pharmacy instead of price checking.
- Mark and I have committed to a healthier lifestyle this year. We are using the free sections of My Fitness Pal and earning money with our healthy choices through Achievemint.
- Tuesday we went to lunch with a friend. We took advantage of Kid's Eat Free Day (saving $9.98) and Cynthia shared a free appetizer coupon. Cynthia's husband is serving in our military and they will be moving in just a few short weeks. We have loved having them here and will miss them so much. If you have a moment, please pray for their family as they prepare for this move.
- We are working REALLY hard on picking up all of the toys every night. We became a bit lax about that last fall and I want to really get back into the swing of cleaning up every night.
Mr. O helping me vacuum. Thanks Bud!
We had a good week this week. Lots of changes in plans but I am thankful that I have been learning to adjust to things like that! Maybe I am finally getting older and wiser as I near 30 :)
Happy Savings to All!