Happy Frugal Friday!
Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark worked one night at his part time job.
- Saturday I hosted a junk exchange. We had quite a few people in and lots of junk traded! I walked away with new nail polish, eyeshadow, hair products, and some fun new napkins. After everyone was gone, we loaded up a car and took a car full of items to Goodwill.
- I made a huge crock pot of vegetable soup for lunch for the exchange. We had a huge bowl leftover in the fridge for two additional meals and I froze two bowls for future meals as well.
- My parents were kind enough to bring dessert for the event so I just had to supply lunch.
- One of the families who come to the Junk Exchange has a daughter in Girl Scouts. She was able to sell quite a few extra boxes of cookies at the event.
- Mark's parents hosted a Super Bowl party at their house. We enjoyed sub sandwiches, purchased from a fundraiser put on by the Boy Scout Troop that Mark helps lead, and Kristi's famous chips and dip! We all had fun spending the afternoon together but left before the game began since it was a school night.
- Mark was off Monday and I was able to sneak out to lunch with a friend. Brandi and I always meet at Chicago's Pizza. Mark kept the kids so B and I actually had a full conversation! I was so thankful.
- The kids and I hand delivered as many Valentine's as we could to save on shipping. We are going to be traveling some this month so we did all of our Valentine's a bit early.
We are had a great week and I am looking forward to my Birthday Week next week!
Happy Savings to All!