Friday, March 2, 2018

Frugal Friday 234

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money last week:

- I had an online Usborne party and Mark worked shifts at both of his part time jobs and overtime at his regular job.

- We packed our lunches for Annabeth's dance competition last Saturday. We also did not buy anything from the concession stand. This was an added savings on top of the $140 we saved by being able to cancel our hotel room for the weekend.

- Sunday we celebrated Mark's and my birthdays with his family. We each got gifts that we love (tools and cigars for him and coffee and postage stamps for me) His parents also sent home tons of leftover dessert which we enjoyed all week! Thank you all!

- Annabeth had her first mini-4H meeting on Monday. This was a proud Mama moment for me as I did exploring 4H and then 10 years of 4H. She enjoyed an animal show from Silly Safari and was even brave enough to touch the snake at the end!

- We ended up modifying my Meal Plan quite a few times this week for simpler meals and came out three meals ahead! Next week's grocery trip will thank us.

- Wednesday morning the kids and I went an filled the March bulletins at church. Owen spent the whole time asking all of the helpers to sing with him and/or if they were doctors. Annabeth was much more helpful and did lots of folding for everyone. I love that homeschooling allows us to volunteer during the week and to spend time with different ages and groups of people.

- Last Saturday, when I went to turn on my computer, it would not work at all. Mark did some troubleshooting and found what part was broken. He was able to order it, have it shipped to the house, and have my computer back up and running by Wednesday evening for around $15. I was thankful to not have to repay a repair place or to have to completely replace my computer. I am SO thankful to be married to a man who can fix anything!

- A friend of mine is hosting an online Thirty One fundraiser for a woman with cancer. I was the first order in the party and won a free storage bin. I was able to get one (worth $22!) that I had been wanting for free! I was also more than happy to support this fundraiser and get a jump start on a birthday gift.

- Since our weekend is jam packed, we celebrated Mark's birthday last night. We made his choice of dinner, our family tradition is that the birthday person gets to pick all the meals for the day, which was party ham sandwiches and corn casserole. The kids and I made also made hime a homemade cake and birthday cards. Annabeth also found a fun little craft in her craft book and made him a fishtank decoration.

Owen chose the cake theme of strawberry cake with green frosting.
We frosted a strawberry on top instead of all green - that didn't sound so good to me.

Annabeth had fun getting out the birthday tablecloth and she enjoyed
decorating Mark's chair like a present. We also hung banners
and made him a special 30 themed list.
I LOVE birthdays and love being able to love on the birthday person!
I hope that Mark felt honored and special. 

We are looking forward to a crazy, busy weekend filled with birthdays, dance, and baptisms.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: