Friday, March 16, 2018

Frugal Friday 236

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- Mark worked one night at his part-time job and I hosted my Spring Open House with my Usborne Books & More business.

- Last Friday, we finally made it to the library. I have been staying away from playing there this winter since we've been sick and so many other have too. Now that we're past the worst of flu season we returned to play. The kids spent 90 minutes playing with all of the games and toys there. Then, Owen even agreed to go to the Hop and Bop class. He didn't love it but he did stay most of the time which is a first for Owen and library class. He also turned in his first 400 books from the "1,000 Books Before Kindergarten" I just started tracking late last fall  so we missed his first 2.5 years of books but I know we've easily read 1000+ books to him already and will read at least 1000 more before Kindergarten. He LOVES to read!

Owen was SO happy with his prizes! He earned stickers,
finger puppets, and PlayDoh! He LOVES the PlayDoh!

- Friday night Mark and Annabeth camped out in the living room. They love camping in our backyard but it was just too cold. I think Annabeth enjoyed the movie night and snacks with just Daddy.

- Saturday we spent the day at home working on projects. It was our first free Saturday in over a month and I got a ton of work done inside and Mark got a ton of work done in the garage.

- We ordered our favorite pizza (Greek's) for Sunday lunch with my parents. The kids and I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch on Monday. Yum!

- A few weeks ago I ordered through an online Thirty-One party and since I was the first order the consultant gave me a free tote. I was thinking it was a little tote but it came this week and it's actually a really good size, adorable bunny tote for spring! By far one of the best prizes I have won before!

How cute is this little bunny?

- I sold quite a bit of my Usborne and Kane Miller books through my open house and an online sale but I still had many left. While I enjoy having these on hand, I enjoy getting them out to little readers even more! Thursday the kids and I went out to the store and found some add on items to put with the books and I created two baskets for our church's Easter Basket Auction. The baskets will go through a silent auction Palm Sunday-Easter Sunday and all proceeds raise money for our church youth to go to summer camp.

Annabeth worked on the pink bunny basket to go with Are You There Little Bunny
and I made a dino themed basket to go with some dino books. 
I hope these are enjoyed by the families that win them at the auction!

- I do quite a bit of paying online through PayPal. In my e-mail this week, they sent me $2 to donate to a cause through PayPal. I selected my cause and was able to add their $2 to my donation. Thank you PayPal!

- I finally ordered our pictures from Halloween-Mark's Birthday. I took advantage of a free print offer from Shutterfly. Saved: $16.65

We had a great week! Annabeth had her three month check up following her eardrum-rupture from December and got the back to 100% notice from our doctor. We are so thankful that she is fully healed and not in need of future appointments! God is so good!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: