Friday, March 23, 2018

Frugal Friday 237

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked a couple of shifts at his part time job and I finished up my Flash Sale for my Usborne Books & More Facebook page.

- Last week, we hurried to use the kids' ToysRUs giftcards before all of the stores closed. Annabeth had chosen a big toy, one science thing for school, and thenn we rounded out with a coloring book for Owen's birthday. The toy was a Baby Alive "Mommy Kit" that Annabeth has been wanting forever. A few days after we placed our order, I got an e-mail saying that the science kit and coloring book had shipped but that the thing she really wanetd was out of stock :( Mark ended up finding it at Meijer and used a $6 coupon to buy it. ToysRUs sent us a refund and I used it to buy two little items (so they would ship free) for Owen's birthday.

- Saturday we split up and I had a Mama-Owen date and Mark had a Daddy-Annabeth date. Mark and Annabeth headed to the Brickworld Lego Show in Indianapolis. I had given them tickets as Mark's birthday gift. They had hours of fun checking out Lego displays. Owen and I went to a Teddy Bear Concert from the Indianapolis Symphony at our local library. Owen loved the music and most of all he loved getting to try to play a violin.

 Owen and I really enjoyed our music date. 
We also had lunch out and I realized it was the first time that just he and I
had eaten out together. 

Annabeth loved the Lego Expo. 
She and Mark also love the Despicable Me movies so she needed
her picture with the Minions made from Legos. 

- I colored my hair at home (after seeing how white my roots were in the picture above) for FREE thanks to a coupon from PinchME.com. We also received this month's box of freebies to review: shampoo/conditioner, Slim Fast craving control gummies, and a RXBar Kids. I love getting fun freebies in the mail each month!!

- Someone brought us a bunch of belts as part of a hand-me-down bag. Annabeth doesn't wear them so we took them to my nieces.

- My SIL was given a case of yogurt, due to expire soon. She split it amongst our family and then we took the extra to two families in our neighborhood. No reason to throw food away! We can always find a place for it!

- When we dropped off yogurt with one set of friends they traded up a huge bag of clothes for Annabeth. Some worked and some were similar to items we already had in that size. We passed all the ones we couldn't use along to another family.

- Wednesday night I cleaned out the car and found lots of junk AND $10! woohoo!! Clean(ish) car and a happy Mama!

We had such a weird weather week this week. Wednesday morning we drove to storytime in downtown Franklin and it was a beautiful, winter wonderland with all of the old trees and houses covered in snow. That night we drove to dance with all of the snow melted and the sun shining!

We are looking forward to a fun weekend (if the 8-12 inches of snow that we have forecasted doesn't ruin it) with a bridal shower and Palm Sunday celebrations at church.

Happy Savings to All!

2 comments:

Abbi said...

Did you get your snow? 8-12 inches is a lot. I hope you had a fun weekend whether you had snow or not. I sound like you all have been having fun.

Amy and Mark said...

We did get 10 inches on Saturday! When we left the house for church (to decorate for a bridal shower) we had about 2 inches and clear roads by the time we returned home in the evening the roads were snow covered and we had 8+ inches. We ended up with 10 at our house by the end of the night!! Thankfully it was warm (40+) the past two days and all of our snow is gone. The weather has moved on to rain. Oh spring time!