Friday, March 9, 2018

Frugal Friday 235

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Annabeth and I stayed in a hotel last Friday night for dance. Although we splurged on the hotel (her report time was 6 am dressed and ready to go at a school one hour from home), we did take our own breakfast and snacks for dance on Saturday. We enjoyed Starbucks for free thanks to a giftcard from my birthday. We did spend $8 at the concession stand just because of how long we were at the school. Overall, we could have been more frugal but I was happy with how little we spent out of pocket for a long dance day away from home.

- Sunday morning I made the drive down to New Albany for a baptism. My best-friend's new baby was baptized into God's family and I was more than happy to wake up at 5 am as to not miss it! Mark and the kids stayed back and spent the day with Mark's family.

- Monday morning I did my "Big Closet Clean-Out" I do this twice a year, taking every clothing item out, and only putting back what I really think I will wear. I was able to get rid of 17 items. I will let my Mama and sister look through to take what they want and then I will donate the rest.

- I sold three items off the rack at our dance studio. Made: $15

- I sold three sets of kids clothes on Facebook. Made: $15

- I used two giftcards from Christmas/my birthday and did a bit of online shopping. I actually bought three items for myself and then used the rest to buy part of a wedding shower gift that we will give later this month. I spent just $.52 OOP.

- Tuesday afternoon, Owen and I took down all of our snow decor. I was happy to put out our cheery dragonfly flag and to look at pretty spring things. Much to my dismay we woke up Wednesday and Thursday morning to snow! Didn't the weather see my spring flag?!

- Annabeth and I played lots of games after school this week - Battleship, a few Shopkins games, and a fun Ballerina game as well. Mark and I also had a Battleship tournament on Tuesday night. We usually end up playing until both of us win at least one round of whatever game we are playing. I cannot wait until the kids are old enough to play tons of games as a family.

Snuggled up for movie night.
They love, love, love to just be together. 
All.the.time. 

We had a nice, low key week to play catch up from our busy weekend last week. We are looking forward to an Empty Day (!!!!) on the schedule tomorrow and my Usborne Books & More Spring Open House on Sunday!

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: