Friday, June 13, 2014

Frugal Friday 43

Happy Frugal Friday the 13th!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- We signed up for summer reading and received two coupons. We each got a buy one, get one free lunch coupon at a local pizza place. We will continue to earn coupons and prizes over the summer.

- Annabeth enjoyed a FREE Hop and Bop music and rhythm class at our public library.

- My brother-in-law and sister-in-law brought our birthday gifts from South Dakota. I received a new Thirty One coupon organizer stayed up late to organize my coupons! Thank you! Do you need a Thirty One Consultant? Contact my sister-in-law Jenn.

- Annabeth's cousins Kati and Elli brought her THREE bags of hand-me-downs. The girls are 18 months older than Annabeth so we have been blessed with lots of clothes from them! After Annabeth outgrows them, I sell them along with ours at consignment sales and send the money to Jenn. It's a great way for us to save money!

- Since the Indianapolis zoo has raised their prices, we nixed a Saturday trip there and went to Appleworks Farm which was FREE! We met up with Mark's parents and Matt, Jenn, and the kids and we all enjoyed the petting zoo, playground, maze, and nature hike. Some also chose to pick strawberries. Nana and PawPaw did treat the kids to a snack at the store but it was MUCH less than a trip to the zoo and even more fun!

A bit afraid of the goats at first! 
She did warm up to the animals eventually

The Riley Three

- I made homemade decorations for a luncheon to follow Annabeth's 1st dance recital. I printed a dance class collage using a Shutterfly coupon and painted a Dollar Tree frame using pink paint from her school table project. I also covered some mason jars with lace and ballerina fabric I had on hand to hold her flowers. Fun and free decorations that helped make a special day a bit more special!

The picture has the song lyrics
"And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...I hope you dance!" 

Ballerina fabric and lace from Grandma Chico
I like having a little piece of her here today. 

- I ordered an outfit for Annabeth that I have been saving for months to purchase. I used a 20% off coupon to order it and that covered the cost of shipping + $2 off the items.

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"


No comments: