Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:
- I took Annabeth to a FREE tot-art class at the library. The craft was homemade sidewalk chalk paint. Because the class was for ages 1-3 we didn't actually make the paint; we just played with it. They did provide the recipe to try at home and we may have to do so when we run out of normal chalk sticks.
She chose to paint with her favorite color, yellow.
Cute owl bow was a gift from Grandmama and purchased from Emma's Bows for a Cure.
Homemade Sidewalk Paint Recipe
- I hosted a Premier Jewelry Party and earned $250 in FREE jewelry. I was able to order 6 pieces - 5 necklaces and 1 pair of earrings. I enjoyed a great evening with some sweet ladies and precious little ones. I love Premier because it is a Christian and debt free company and my amazing friend Brandi is my jewelry lady! :)
- Annabeth earned a Free Kids Meal coupon from Chilli's from our library's summer reading program. We enjoyed a dinner out and saved $4.99.
- We have (finally!) learned portion control and had leftovers from eating out. We enjoyed those for a quick lunch the next day.
- Every month I make at least one trip to Goodwill. This forces me to get rid of clothes we have outgrown or don't wear as well as items that we are not using. Some things are too worn or outdated to attempt to sell and so we simply donate them. This month we took a diaper box full of clothing from Annabeth and myself.
- I made/ordered a photo book of wedding week fun for Luke and Cassidy. Cassidy had a coupon for a FREE Shutterfly book so I just paid shipping! We are truly a frugal family - we give each other coupons to buy gifts for ourselves! Saved: $23.99
- We enjoyed a FREE swim day with our friend Jennifer and her boys. Annabeth has only been in a pool a few times over the past two summers and she LOVED it!
- We made a quick stop at the grocery to buy a picnic lunch. We had a coupon for $1 off 4 Gerber Snacks and the store was running a deal that if we bought 5 we would get $2 off a future purchase. We rang up the 5 with the $1 off coupon and then did a second transaction and paid just the tax for our two Lunchables which were 10/$10 this week! Saved: $3.00
- We enjoyed a picnic and FREE day at the new Greenwood Splash Park. Annabeth loved splashing in the water with her friends.
What free summer fun does your family enjoy?
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"