- Mark mowed and trimmed the yard while I cleaned the inside of the house.
- I finished desserts for an afternoon event
- I took Annabeth to story time at the library
- We drove to Greenwood and got a nail in our tire. Mark took the car to the tire store for a patch
- I hosted a paint-your-own-pottery bachelorette party for Cassidy. We had a wonderful turnout of ladies from both families. My sister-in-law Jenn helped me organize everyone and made delicious cupcakes. Thank you!
- We came home, made octopus shaped hot dogs for dinner for 9 people.
- Annabeth had dance class and Grandpa and Grandmama came along to see what she does at dance school
- We took Grandpa out for ice cream to have an early Father's Day celebration
Enjoying Orange Leaf and giving Grandpa homemade gifts
- We went home and I worked on cleaning and food preparations for Friday's luncheon
- We woke up finished meal preparation for that day's luncheon
- I got Annabeth dressed in her dance recital costume and she and I headed out before the others so we would make it for call-time
- Annabeth had her first dance recital. She danced to "The Hokey Pokey" and did a wonderful job! She really enjoyed the "put your backside in..." verse :) We were blessed to have lots of family come enjoy the show with us: Nana and PawPaw, Grandmama and Grandpa, Matt, Jenn, Kati, Elli, Nate, Rose, and SJ! She had quite the fan club!
The Riley Three
Our little "Hokey Pokey" girl!
- We came back to our house for a dance luncheon
- All of the little kids took a long nap, the adults cleaned the house, and I enjoyed a nice long visit with my best friend
- At 4:30 we met at Mt. Olive for Luke and Cassidy's Wedding Rehearsal and Dinner. We had a few good practices and enjoyed Qdoba and cake for dinner
The Happy Couple!
These were their cute rehearsal cakes - John Deere and Princess
- THE wedding day! God really blessed us with beautiful weather - 80 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. We ran right on schedule the whole day, the pictures went smoothly, and we enjoyed an afternoon of family fellowship leading up to the wedding service. At 4:30 we started the service and it was absolutely beautiful. It was so special to share in their marriage ceremony with Mark as one of the Best Men, me as the Matron of Honor, and Annabeth as a flower girl. It made me reflect on our own vows made more than 5 years ago and still kept today. Luke and Cassidy chose to have their reception at their church's shelter house. We enjoyed down home food, sweet speeches, corn hole, time on the playground, and even s'mores over a bonfire. It was simple and fun and so very perfect for a sweet, fun couple.
Our Generation of the Mrs. Riley Club
Mrs. Mark Riley, Mrs. Lukas Riley, and Mrs. Matthew Riley
- Father's Day! We had given Mark his gifts on Friday evening so we just woke up and Mark enjoyed cuddling with Annabeth.
Happy Father's Day 2014
- We went to church at Mt. Olive with Luke and Cassidy.
- We headed to Nana and PawPaw's for lunch - we enjoyed rehearsal and wedding leftovers. Then we all crashed! Annabeth and I both took naps and the others enjoyed putting their feet up and watching tv. I think it was the first time in days that any of us relaxed!
- We went to Luke and Cassidy's and enjoyed watching them open their wedding gifts.
- Finally, we headed home and we let Mark choose dinner since it is Father's Day. He chose to order pizza in and to spend the evening, quietly, finally, as just the three of us.
We have had such a wonderful and busy few days. We thank and praise the Lord for our family and for all the time He gives us with them. Amen.