Friday, August 22, 2014

Frugal Friday 53

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- We took two trash bags and one box of things to Goodwill. The bags were filled with toys that Annabeth has outgrown or simply doesn't play with. We have done this each year before her birthday and it helps keep out the clutter. I also cleaned out a few kitchen cabinets and got rid of cups that we were not using. I was able to fill a whole diaper box with those!

- I used a $15 credit on Zulily to buy Annabeth a new dress. I was able to buy the dress and pay for most of the shipping with the credit. I only spent $.94!
If you'd like to shop Zulily and help our family earn more credits shop here: http://www.zulily.com/invite/aeriley0214839

- We shopped for a friend's baby shower. The registry had four coupons on the last page. We were not buying any of those items so I cut them out and left them with each of the items in the store. I hope someone found them and needed them.

- After checking out, we asked the cashier to give us back the registry pages. We will use them as scrap paper at our house.

- I made cards to sell at Great Beginnings - a breastfeeding support store at Deaconess Women's Hospital in Evansville. I have been making and selling cards there since before Annabeth was born.

- By waiting until the week that OnStar expired in the new car, I was able to save $30 off our yearly fee. As I am a new customer, and paying by check, they gave me a FREE month. Thanks for the tip Mama! :)

- We have had alot of FREE entertainment as a builder is building a new house on the furthest empty lot to the east of us. Annabeth LOVES watching all of the machinery.

Although we are sad the building is coming our way,
we sure are having fun watching the big trucks. 

- We had our first meeting with our new homeschool group! We are so excited to be working with these new families who also love learning at home.

We had a wonderful week, even with the heat and lots of rain. We hope you have had a wonderful week as well!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"

No comments: