Friday, August 29, 2014

Frugal Friday 54

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We enjoyed leftovers from our Sunday Brunch for Monday Breakfast. Annabeth especially enjoyed the bacon and pancakes.

- I finished my order of cards for Great Beginnings. I had fun making the baby boy and twin cards that they requested. I made 20 cards in all.

- Our favorite yogurts were 10/$10 this week. I also snagged an online coupon for $1 off 10. Saved: $3.50

- We spent just $24 on our groceries for the week. With a toddler, some things have to be purchased weekly - milk and fresh fruits and veggies. I try to keep trips to a minimum but we also want well rounded meals.

- After Tuesday Night Dinner, Mark's family sent us home with leftovers of hotdogs and baked beans. We ate them again with fruit for Wednesday lunch.

- Last week, I joined the IAHE website (Indiana Association of Home Educators) for free updates on homeschool happenings and legal updates for Indiana. I also subscribed to their free magazine and teacher/student ID cards.

- Annabeth and I enjoyed a $1 Starbucks date thanks to a giftcard we earned through Kellogg's Family Rewards.

 Little Bit and her favorite treat - A Birthday Cake Pop

Date with my girl!

- We are now 11 months away from a vacation so we have begun making lots of little choices to save money that will add up in the end. Annabeth and I stayed home most days this week. When we did go out, we combined trips to save on gas and enjoyed free fun at the library and park.

For the sake of honesty, we did not have a frugal weekend last weekend:

- We enjoyed a date night at "A Night With Duck Dynasty" but the gymnasium was SO hot that we ended up paying $3 for a bottled water during intermission. I try not to make impulse purchases but it felt like a necessity as it was extremely hot that evening.

- We ate dinner out on Saturday night and breakfast on Sunday morning. We did not have a date night in July so hopefully we still kept Date Costs even.

We hope you all had a great week! :)

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: