Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:
- I received a FREE Shutterfly photo book in my e-mail. I did not even have to redeem any points for this book. Thank you Pampers Rewards! I will save the code and use it to print a photo book later this fall.
- Saturday, we traveled an hour north to go to a FREE family carnival at Mark's aunt and uncle's church. We enjoyed games, bounce houses, and visiting with his family. Annabeth loved getting her face painted for the first time and really loved hours in the bounce houses.
Her first face paint: Olaf.
- Sunday evening, Mark's parents brought us dinner. His mom made meatloaf, noodles, and salad. She also brought 3 lbs of watermelon. I had also purchased watermelon for the weekend so Monday morning Annabeth and I took some to share with friends in the neighborhood. Their girls were pretty excited!
- I finished tagging items for the fall consignment sale. I have 250 items that will need tagged later this month! This is over double the amount of items I had in the spring sale!
- I ordered more plastic tags off Amazon in anticipation of using them to save tagging time. In the spring, I ran out of plastic tags and used safety pins but it REALLY added to the amount of time it took to get ready. I was able to get 5,000 tags for less than $7 thanks to an Amazon gift card I earned taking online surveys.
- Annabeth and I homemade three gifts to give this week. We gave two for a birthday gift and one for a baby shower. I am thankful to be getting back into crafting again!
- I found some size 1 and size 2 diapers in the bottom of the diaper bag. I took them to families with kids in those sizes. Our friend Ann traded us for a cute shirt for Annabeth! Annabeth was so excited! :)
- I renewed OnStar for the year and saved $50 by waiting until 21 days from the due date. My Mama gave me this hint last year and it's well worth it to wait!! :)
- We attended Homeschool Days at Conner Prairie. On these days students are $5.50 and the teachers are FREE! Saved $21.50 off regular admission price!
With my two favorite students :)
We had a fun and busy week. Hope you did too!!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"