Friday, September 18, 2015

Frugal Friday 109

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- Mark and Annabeth spent Sunday afternoon fishing. They caught six fish and they both loved being out together.

- I redeemed Old Navy cash to purchase a Christmas gift for free.

- Mark worked two shifts at his usual part time job.

- We did NOT go to the grocery. We have made due with what we purchased 10 days ago. This helped us use up items in the fridge/freezer/pantry

- I cleaned out Annabeth's dresser and closet from summer items. I know we will still have some warm days so I just took out the items that I know will be too small next spring. They went into next springs sale tote. I also cleaned out a large amount of plastic hangers from her closet. They went to the recycling and she now has more room in her closet.

- I put a request on Facebook for wire hangers since the consignment sale requires wire hangers. Two friends brought us TONS of hangers which will save me from having to purchase them. Thank you Ann and Kara!

- I asked Annabeth to choose 4 toys to get rid of before her 4th birthday. She chose three little stuffed animals and one large one. They are truly ones that she does not play or sleep with. I was proud of her for choosing so carefully. My goal was to make a little more room in the toy chests before her birthday toys come.

- We took a big box to Goodwill. The box included clothes from Annabeth and myself as well as the four toys she cleaned out.

- Friends from our homeschool group reviewed a board game and were able to pick a friend to receive a game free in the mail. They chose us! We have enjoyed playing "Feed the Woozle" from Peaceable Kingdom. Thank you Templeman Family - it gave us some fun this week! :)

- I took advantage of a letter writing opportunity through the UofL Alumni Association called Cards Writing Cards. I was given the materials to write "Welcome to the Alumni Family" letters to 20 graduates of the 2015 class. It was my pleasure to write to, and pray for, these 20 people.

 The day we found out Owen was a boy, we went to the mall and each of us picked
out outfits for him. Annabeth HAD to have this shirt for her Owen! 
Isn't he handsome?!


Our week was pretty mellow as Annabeth was sick Monday- Thursday, Owen had it by Wednesday evening, and even Mark stayed home sick from work on Thursday.

Hope you all had a healthier week than us.

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: