Friday, September 25, 2015

Frugal Friday 110

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I spent an evening catching up on my erewards surveys in my e-mail. My goal is to try to earn two $25 Amazon gift cards before Christmas to help with Christmas shopping.

- Mark worked overtime at work and also one night at his part-time job.

- Mark worked security the SSPOM consignment sale. They paid very generously by the hour.

- I refused an offer to preshop the SSPOM sale. Mark was given a presale pass for working security but since neither of the kids had a genuine need I did not go. I was curious to check out this sale but knew I would spend money on items we didn't really need. I will preshop our consignment sale in a few weeks though.

- Sunday we stayed home after church. Mark deep cleaned the living room and mowed the lawn. I spent 6+ hours getting everything tagged and hung for the consignment sale. Mark helped me cut out the card stock tags and Annabeth helped separate the plastic taggies.

250 items tagged and ready to go!

- We ate at home all week. I made two crockpot meals and am really trying to get back in the habit of cooking "real" meals.

- I did some Christmas shopping at Target. I used a $10 giftcard to cover more than 1/3 of our total bill.

- My friend Alysha brought us some Huggies rewards tags. Thank you!

- We shopped at Kohl's and combined a toy sale + coupon + gift card for Annabeth to buy her Christmas gift to Owen. She chose a teething toy and another toy. She was very methodical and thoughtful in her choosing. We also found a good deal on PJs for Mr. O in the next size. We saved $18.49 and spent just $.41 OOP.

- We spent Wednesday outside with friends. Mr. O ended up with some major heat rash after the afternoon so I decided that Thursday we would stay in. We had a game day and Annabeth fell in love with Jenga!

She LOVED Jenga and enjoyed it much more than her card or board games.

We had a great week! We were able to catch up with friends we hadn't seen in a while and also enjoyed lots of outside time with the beautiful fall weather.

Happy Fall and Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: