Friday, June 17, 2016

Frugal Friday 147

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last weekend our neighborhood held a neighborhood garage sale. I was able to find a small highchair for Mark's parents house to keep there for Owen and any other kids who need it. We resisted all other treasures - a truly difficult thing for me to do at garage sales.

- I logged our Pampers and Huggies rewards codes. We reach a 12 month milestone with Pampers Rewards and I was able to choose from 5 freebies. I chose a neat Melissa and Doug music instrument set. It will be a nice addition to the drum and music set that Owen received for his birthday last week. Both the set and shipping were completely FREE! We will give this to Owen as part of his Christmas gift.

- We bought a gift using a 40% off coupon and a gift card making the gift totally FREE! I love being thoughtful while being frugal.

- I had a great offer in my e-mail from PinchME. I was able to choose from a selection of magazines for a FREE one year subscription. I chose InStyle which I used to purchase monthly when working. It was a victim of budget cuts when I left work. I look forward to getting it for FREE for the next year!

- We had been letting Annabeth's hair grow out since it is supposed to be in a bun for her recital tomorrow. It had not grown enough and was looking really straggly. I decided to go ahead and give it a nice cut this week so it could be down and look really nice for recital.

Annabeth with her gymnastics trophy and certificate. 
We are so proud of her hard work and dedication to dance and gymnastics. 

- We had company for at least one meal a day this week. We planned carefully and I tried to use meals that used overlapping ingredients. We also ate the leftovers for the other meals. We love using our home as a place to welcome family and friends.

- I purchased whole milk to make a recipe this week. As we are not milk drinkers, I posted the leftovers on Facebook. A friend traded the rest of the milk for a box of hand-me-downs for Owen. Thank you Alysha!

We are looking forward to a busy dance rehearsal/recital weekend as well as celebrating Father's Day. We are so thankful for our fathers, and our grandfathers who have entered the Life Eternal, as well as our Father in Heaven. We feel so blessed to have our two children and I am so thankful for the father that Mark is to them.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: