Monday, June 6, 2016

Owen's 1st Birthday Shirt: Etsy Finds

We decided last fall that Owen would have a Bear 1st Birthday party because while I was expecting I became obsessed with bears. It also became evident very early on that O is bear like - he loves to snuggle and sleep and he also really loves to growl.

I had picked party invites, decorations, food, etc and then...Owen fell in love with Mickey.

I mean REALLY in love with Mickey!
When he is crying and we cannot calm him down with games or singing, we can turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he will start cheering and dancing.
It's adorable!

Naturally, I panicked! I love a theme party and always search for the perfect theme for each of our events. Would Owen even like a bear party? Would it be better to throw a Mickey party in honor of his great love?!

Then I realized that I didn't have a birthday shirt for his actual birthday - just a shirt for his party day.

So, I hopped on my Pinterest page and found a cute Mickey shirt I had pinned months before.


I ordered the shirt off Etsy from KinseyCollection in March and was worried about sizing since Owen has grown so quickly. Shop owner Kinsey was so accommodating and made him a 1st birthday shirt in size 2T. She mailed it out very quickly and also offered to make another in case he outgrew it by his birthday.

Not only did his Mickey One shirt come quickly, it was even more adorable than I had imagined!!

I enjoyed working with Kinsey as we messaged back and forth quite a bit.

Our family was so happy to shop with this Christian, pro-life shop owner! Check out her about page for more information on the good work she is doing with a Women's Shelter to encourage expecting mothers.


No comments: