Friday, August 5, 2016

Frugal Friday 154

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Owen WON a $50 Visa giftcard at the library's Summer Reading Program! We will use it to buy his Christmas gifts!

Mr. Big Winner picking up his summer reading prize!

- Saturday we helped Mark's brother and his wife move into their first house. Mark helped move furniture and even did some painting. They have helped us move three times now so we were happy to return the favor and happy to see their new house! They generously treated us to a pizza lunch.

- Mark worked one night at his part time job.

- My friend Alysha sold clothing to Once Upon a Child - she brought us what did not sell. All of it will work for Owen and some of the items will work for Annabeth. Anything that was too small on Annabeth got added to a box we are handing down to a friend.

- I have been slowly sorting the kids clothing as we look ahead to fall. I listed a free box of girls' clothes on Facebook and are taking them to a friend today.

- After visiting my friend Ann, I got motivated to start on fall consignment sale stuff. I have entered 115 items into the system. I still have more girl stuff to sort and all of Owen's so we have a way to go!

- I redeemed my Star Rewards points at Starbucks for a FREE venti coffee!

- I redeemed my eRewards money for a $25 Starbucks card. I usually do Amazon and buy things for the kids but decided that maybe it would be okay to do a little something for me.

- I colored my hair at home. Good-bye grey hair!

We had a wonderful week and were able to spend Monday - Thursday mornings playing with friends! We were so happy to have so much fun with people we love! We had four great school days this week too! We thank God for the special people in our lives and that we live in a state that allows us to homeschool how we choose!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: