Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark has worked pretty much non stop for 3 weeks now. Our family is missing him but we are thankful that the Lord has provided part time opportunities and over-time. We pray that we will be good stewards of the paychecks that come.
- Sunday morning, Mark picked up breakfast for all of us. Neither of the kids ate theirs so I was able to have one for Sunday dinner and one for Monday breakfast. That made the splurge feel like we got more for our money!
- Sunday we did our Aldi and Kroger grocery shopping trips. On the way back from Aldi, we passed a lady with a little farm market stand. Mark and Annabeth got out and got about $30 work of fresh produce for $7+tip. I think we are going to check back next weekend to see if she is still there!
Owen doing some his own "grocery shopping"
- I received a free magazine offer in my e-mail from PinchMe.com. I redeemed the offer and will be sending a fashion magazine subscription to my sister as part of her birthday gift. Happy Birthday Lu!
- We took Annabeth to the eye doctor this week. We do not carry vision insurance since Mark and I never have to go to an eye doctor. Thankfully this office did offer 20% savings to those paying cash without insurance.
- We had quite a bit of rain here Saturday - Tuesday so the kids and I worked on cleaning out their closets and dressers. It seems this is a task that needs done every few months as they are growing so quickly. Some items were tagged for the fall consignment sale and others were put in a box to donate.
We had a good but busy week. I got some big cleaning projects done, encouraged by the Amish novel I read this week. It was filled with stories of joyfully hardworking women and I decided it would do me well to follow their example.
Happy Savings to All!