Friday, August 12, 2016

Frugal Friday 155

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Saturday we enjoyed taking 10 year anniversary pictures at Lutheran Lake. Ten years ago, at the lake, I asked God to let me be Mark's wife. I am so happy that He said "yes" to that prayer and that we have been together for the past ten years and married for more than seven of them. I had saved for a professional photographer, who backed out on us, and thankfully our friend Sarah was able to step in and take them for us! Since I did the photo planning and editing, we just paid her for her time and pictures taken. This was a considerable savings over the professional shoot I had planned for.

Photo Credit: Sarah Stair

- After our pictures, we stayed at camp and visited with the Stair Family. We also enjoyed a short hike and creek stomp. We loved showing our kids our favorite place.

- Sunday we hosted the Rileys for dinner. We served chicken with peppers and onions as well as Mexican rice. Mark's mom brought her awesome cheese dip and we enjoyed a great meal. We were able to eat the leftovers for four meals!

- Tuesday morning we took Starbucks, homemade cookies, and a hand-me-down brother/sister matching outfit to friends. They just welcomed their little son, after three girls!, last week.

- I ordered 4x6 prints from Shutterfly during a 101 FREE sale. I just paid shipping. I was able to print all of June and July for FREE!

- Mark purchased 10 lbs of meat from a friend. We will keep half and half is going to a family that needs it.

- Wednesday night, after work, Mark went and helped a friend put up hay. We are thankful to be able to help friends and family when they need it. We are also thankful that they were kind enough to let Mark pick and bring home some fresh veggies!

- I received my ebates check for this quarter. I added the money to Owen's savings account.

We had a great, more relaxed week this week! We are enjoying school and fun!
Hope you all had a great week too!

Happy Savings to All!


1 comment:

Abbi said...

I love your family picture! It is so fun.