Friday, March 3, 2017

Frugal Friday 182

Happy Frugal Friday!
Happy 29th Birthday to Mark!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday evening we attended our county's Lincoln Day Dinner. We enjoyed a nice evening out and heard some good Republican Speakers.

All dressed up for the Lincoln Day Dinner.
We are proud to be conservative voters and were happy to attend an event
with so many local leaders who we support. 

- I finally finished and ordered our photo book from vacation. I used a FREE photo book coupon from Shutterfly and just paid for the 4 extra pages I added + shipping. My total was $12.61 and I went though Ebates for 2% cashback.

- I celebrated my birthday with my family in Evansville and Owensboro. Both my parents and my Momaw gifted items to help display the sand, shells, and photos I brought back from vacation. Momaw also included a stack of grocery coupons in my gift. Thank you all!

- I added a bit of my birthday money to next year's vacation fund.

- Mark worked at his part-time job.

- We redeemed a FREE large pizza deal from Papa John's. I used this on Tuesday, the day we came back from Evansville, and it was really nice to have someone else cook dinner while I unpacked!

- Annabeth received a Good Luck Bag from her dance school to help pump her up for her first competition tomorrow. She was very excited for all of the snack foods and the sweet note from her teacher's helper Annalee.

- Yesterday the kids and I did a little landscape project to surprise Mark for his birthday. He turns 29 today and we have some fun cards and a little present but we wanted to get the big, outside gift done yesterday while we had sunshine!

For Christmas, Momaw gave us money to replace our outdoor lights.
We had the old, late 90s gold ones still up from when the house was built.
We were more than happy to put up these gorgeous stained glass lights!
When we first moved in, we cleared out some old white rock and bushes next to the driveway.
We planted these cute little trees and take the kids' "First Day of School" pictures next to one of them.
We had thought that grass would grow around the little trees that we put in but no such luck,
we have just had muddy areas around the trees.  
I river-rocked around both trees.
We have been wanting to do this for some time but it always seemed like the 
$70 needed to complete the project would be better spent somewhere else. 
I made a point to save up for this and think that it was well worth it!

We are looking forward to a great weekend with Annabeth's first dance competition and celebrating our birthdays and our sister-in-law's birthday all on Sunday afternoon.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: