Friday, March 10, 2017

Frugal Friday 183

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked a shift at his part time job.

- Friday we celebrated Mark's 29th birthday. The kids and I made him cute, hand and footprint cards. I made stuffed peppers for dinner and we served Halo ice cream for dessert. Mark got to pick the Friday Night Movie since it was his birthday so we watched Young Frankenstein after the kids went to bed



- Last Friday I babysat for a friend. The kids LOVED having Lachlan here! Owen is obsessed with "babies" and was in heaven having a younger friend here to love on! Ben was kind enough to bring us a bag of coffee as a thank you. The coffee is from Betos Coffee which is a non-profit run by a friend of his in Central America .

- Saturday, Mark's mom kept Owen for the morning so we could go to Annabeth's first dance competition. Not only did she come super early to keep him, she was kind enough to pick up Starbucks on the way. Thank you so much Kristi! I was so stressed about learning the ropes of dance competitions and keeping Owen home was a huge blessing for this first competition!


- Sunday afternoon, Mark's family came over to celebrate our birthdays and our sister-in-law's birthday as well. They brought over a taco salad bar and a couple of yummy dessert options. I was excited for some new stationary and scrapbook supplies, postage stamps, beautiful earrings, and a gift card. Thank you all for making our birthdays so special!

- Now that we are done with our birthdays, I put all of the gift bags and tissue paper in storage so we can use them in the future.

- I purchased a Starbucks drink using a gift card. I made sure to purchase it on double stars day. I also purchased it at Kroger and swiped my Kroger card so I would be able to get points towards a fuel discount from the purchase.

We had a great week and got quite a few clean-out and spring cleaning tasks done. We are looking forward to some community service this weekend and hopefully, after Mark being gone all week, some family time!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: