Friday, March 17, 2017

Frugal Friday 184

Happy Frugal Friday!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Here is how we saved money/spent extra money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, the kids and I went to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. My parents gave us a pass for the year and we are happy to be able to go as often as we would like! They have added a circus exhibit since we were there last time and it was very neat! When we went last, we spent the day on the third floor so Friday we explored the circus and the Lower Level. Owen was especially fun on this trip as he is finally walking and confident enough to get out of the stroller and explore some too!

Owen LOVES to push buttons so sitting in the spaceship full of
buttons was like heaven for him!
 Growing up my family went to the circus every Thanksgiving but 
we haven't been with Annabeth because she is so afraid of people in costumes.
She did love the circus exhibit so it gave me some hope for a future trip
to the real circus! 
 Owen spent a good half hour in this little tunnel looking at the trains.
In Georgia, we walked by an awesome Railroad Museum filled with trains and 
he could have cared less. We were a month too soon because he loved the trains this time!
Choo! Choo!

- The kids and I hit up a consignment store that is going out of business. She just announced that she is closing so items were only 25% off. I found two shirts for Annabeth - one for gymnastics and one for this summer. I saved $3.

- Mark worked two nights at his part time job.

- Mark worked security for the SSPOM Sale. He works this twice a year and they pay very well. We are thankful for this blessing in our budget.

- The kids and I volunteered to help fill meal bags with the Church of God in Franklin. We have been doing this for over a year now and enjoy visiting while we work. If you are local and interested in donating time or supplies please let me know!

- Sunday morning worship had a guest minister Reverend Tom Heaton. He was a pastor at my church in Evansville and now runs Mission Guatemala. I have always loved his sermons and it was refreshing to hear his words about what the Lord is doing in Guatemala.  Tom and his son Manuel have endured so much, including the killing of his oldest son Jose, to live and work with the people of Guatemala. Please pray for his family and the work that is being done there.

- Sunday evening Mark and I had dinner from Firehouse Subs thanks to a gift card from my sister. Thank you for dinner Lu!

- I cleaned out the school cabinet. I had almost an entire tote of paper and filled workbooks to take to recycling. I also found quite a few items that went straight to the trash.

- In cleaning out my dresser some of the things I kept just putting back in were bras that don't fit. I know that bras are expensive and I hated to just give them to Goodwill - even though these will never fit again. I ended up finding a group in Indianapolis that repairs and donates bras to women in need, free of charge! I mailed mine to them. Check out their Facebook page Support the Girls if you also have unwanted bras that need a new home!

- I continued cleaning out as much as I can! Every year, at the end of winter, I get really antsy and just start tossing as much as I can. Every year, I am amazed at how many things I can easily say good-bye to.

Are you all doing spring cleaning? What are you parting ways with?

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: