Friday, March 31, 2017

Frugal Friday 186

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Annabeth helped me pick out a fun housewarming gift at one of our favorite stores in downtown Franklin Marshmallow Monkey. I try to shop small and locally as much as possible.

- Friday night we drove to Crawfordsville, for a birthday/housewarming party for Mark's college friend Joey. Their family has three kids and our kids loved running and playing with them. We don't get to see their family often enough but I always love to visit with them! One thing we noticed was that no one at the party had their phone out! A whole cook-out with dad's out in the yard playing with the kids, the ladies visiting, and no phones. It was wonderful.

- Saturday, Mark, Luke, and Cassidy took Annabeth out to the Campbell's for Annabeth's first shooting lesson. She shot twice before declaring it (even with earplugs and headphones) too loud. They also took a nice little hike and saw a waterfall.

- Monday the kids and I did some organizing in the garage. We took a trunk full of stuff to Goodwill and recycling.

- I tagged everything for the Spring Consignment Sale. I had enough cardstock, hangers, and safety pins on hand so I did not have to buy any supplies. I do not have as much I have had in the past so it will not be a high dollar sale but I am hoping to make enough to cover swim lessons and the rest of our Mother/Daughter Weekend at Lakeview.

- I cut Owen's hair at home, saving us the cost of a professional haircut. This was Owen's third hair cut and his best so far. The first time, Mark buzzed most of it which I felt like made him look to old, the second one was a crazy trim because I couldn't get him to sit very still for long. This time I had better luck keeping him still and my own skills are improving.

- I used a giftcard to help buy food that we will serve for company this weekend. I also found some items to donate for the Weekend Meal Bags that we help fill and was able to purchase them for $0 OOP.

- Wednesday I redid my shoe organization in my closet. When we moved in, about 3.5 years ago, I bought a cheapie shoe rack from Kmart and it has been on its last leg for quite a while. Annabeth loves to get in my closet and try shoes on and Owen loves to pull the racks down so he can whack everyone with the poles. I found a $5 (after coupon) organizer for behind the closet door. It has freed up almost 2 feet of closet space and it makes me so happy each time I get in there now!

- Annabeth has gotten taller and is between leotard sizes for dance.. I have ended up buying some shorts and shirts to wear for now until she grows some more. Her studio has a sale rack where students can sell their outgrown items, we found a cute black shirt with rhinestones on it and when I went to check the price shirt had been marked "free!" I am so thankful for the family who decided to donate it instead of sell it!

- I completed a super short survey from Huggies Diapers and earned a $3 off coupon. This was a great deal since the best coupon I usually find is just $2 off.

Last week Owen was sick and then I was sick Friday night through Tuesday so we have spent much of the past two weeks at home. We have really saved on gas by not going anywhere. We also haven't been tempted to spend any money as we haven't really been out of the house. I think we are all back to 100% and I am looking forward to getting out to do some fun things this weekend!

For Christmas, Owen got this PawPatrol couch and it has been
one of the best gifts ever given to us! They both love to snuggle on it.
Owen likes to throw his head over the back to lay like this while holding Annabeth's hand.

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: