Here is what we did to save money/spent money wisely/make money creatively this week:
- We put up our Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving only to discover that our 8 year old hand-me-down tree was looking very worn and only had about half of it's "pre-lit" lights working. Mark ran out to Lowe's and was able to get us a new tree on a Black Friday Sale! We had budgeted and planned to buy one after the holidays but this worked just as well because we have a very nice looking tree now. Saved: $100
- We hurried and took our family Christmas card picture in front of the tree and ordered our Christmas cards from Sam's Club. Every year on Thanksgiving Weekend they run a sale and we are able to get 100 cards for $15. Saved: $10
- We got another free offer from Shutterfly that allowed us to finish a Christmas gift. Saved: $14.99
- Last week we finished most of our Christmas shopping at Kohl's. I spent $51 and earned $15 Kohl's Cash. This Monday we went back to spend the $15 because we had gotten our last lists from people over the weekend. I was able to get a family member a $50 value gift AND a Color Wonder Set for Annabeth's stocking. Both items were on sale + coupon + Kohl's Cash = I had expected to pay between $10-$15 for the purchase - a great deal!! BUT both items rang up for less than they were marked and I only paid $.20!!!! Saved: $55.80
- I enjoyed a FREE Starbuck's coffee thanks to a Swagbucks' giftcard. Saved: $4.81
- We enjoyed a dinner out with a coupon that made Annabeth's Kid's Meal free. It was also large enough that she ate some of it later as a snack and for lunch the next day. Saved: $3.00
- We enjoyed an evening out at the library making ornaments for the library's tree as well as our own. Free Family Fun!
Annabeth and Mark making links for the Christmas Chain
- Mark worked two afternoons at a former teacher's house doing yard work and made some extra money. The extra money helped up purchase the new tree. God always provides!
Did you score any great Black Friday deals? Are you earning extra money this holiday season?
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"