Here is what we did to save money/spend money wisely this week:
- Annabeth enjoyed a FREE Hop and Bop Dance Session at our local library.
- I shopped OLG's annual Hearts for Haiti Kid's Sale. Most items are just $.50 so it is one of my most favorite sales of the year! I was able to find some really great things - fleeces, dance outfits, and my best find was a $100 Strasburg dress for just $2!
- We used some of our tax return to create a play area for Annabeth in the backyard. With careful planning we were able to get all of it done in just two days and came in $200 under budget! Since we came in under budget we used some of the money to invest in outdoor toys, including her new grill!
"Measure twice, cut once."
Helping Daddy build her play area
Her new play area!
We have a playhouse coming from Evansville in a few weeks!
Grandpa and Grandmama Kuhn found the playhouse and slide for FREE! Thank you!
Grilling with Daddy
(We had snow this week so we are keeping the grill inside until it's warmer outside)
- We ordered our first set of "official" homeschool curriculum for next year. We are using "Alpha Omega Publications - Horizons - Preschool for 3's." This month it was 20% off plus free shipping for orders over $50. We will spend $59.16 for one full year of preschool! That is less than one month of public or private preschool in our area.
- I did our bi-weekly grocery shop. Best deal was $.45 for two boxes of Barilla Pasta. Saved by waiting until they were 10 for 10 + a paper coupon for $1 off + online coupon for $.55 off. woohoo!
- And in non-frugal news... we broke a dvd that belongs to the library. Spent $19.99 replacing it :(
We are looking forward to sunny, warm weather this weekend!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"