Friday, April 4, 2014

Frugal Friday 33

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I made extra money selling (on facebook) a candle warmer/candle as well as a ring. Made: $30

- We spent a rainy Saturday afternoon at the library. Annabeth enjoyed having the Children's Section to herself! She and Mark played puppets and worked puzzles while I got to actually browse and pick out books for our school week and for my fun reading.

- Monday I turned in our items for the Spring 2014 Consignment Sale in our area. I will post next week with how we did!

- Since winter is coming to a close and the warm months are close, Mark cancelled our Netflix account for the spring/summer/fall because we spend these months outside. Savings: $7.99/month

- We spent Tuesday at Camp Lakeview with our friends the Stairs. Annabeth and Bella enjoyed visiting the pony Thunder, hiking around, and playing on the tire playground. Free, outdoor fun!

Annabeth loves the tire playground! 

- Wednesday night I pre-shopped the consignment sale. Annabeth went with me and was allowed to pick out one toy. She pick a bag with Minnie Mouse maracas and tambourine. We also found three summer shirts, a sundress, and (most excitingly) a pair of Matilda Jane ruffle pants! (I have been wanting to get her ruffle pants and/or something Matilda Jane for months and I found sweet little pants for just $6! Woohoo!! What a bargain.) My budget for the shop was $30 but only spent $19.26.

- Starting next week I will be posting a "7 Days of Dave" series where I share how we have reached Step 6 in Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps to Financial Freedom. A friend and reader had asked for more about our Dave experience and I felt like this was the best way to organize the series. Stay Tuned!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"




No comments: