Friday, January 3, 2014

Frugal Friday 20

Happy Frugal Friday AND Happy New Year!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/worked to creatively make money this week:

- Last Friday we headed up to Greenwood for lunch with family and it just so happened to be in the same shopping complex as one of my favorite consignment stores - Growing Spurts. I stopped in hoping Christmas items would be on sale and they were 75% off! I was able to get Annabeth TWO nice, winter dresses for next December for $3.25!!
*I shop ahead for each upcoming holiday at clearance sales. So far Annabeth has had more than 10 Christmas outfits (over her three Christmas seasons) and I have spent less $20 on all of them!*

- Mark brought home four bags of hand-me-downs from a family at work. As most were 3T we have been really blessed with a full winter and summer wardrobe of pants/shorts/skirts for Annabeth. They also sent lots of shoes in the next size and Winnie the Pooh books which Annabeth loves. We kept some of the clothes but also passed the 5T and larger items to our nieces who are growing into that size. We also split the books into three groups based on content and age level - we kept one set, gave one set to our nieces and nephew, and took the rest to my best friend's son. We feel so blessed to have received so much and even more blessed that we are able to give as well.

Annabeth playing dress up from the hand-me-down bags.
She loves her new tennis shoes and new ski hat. 
The fun earrings were a Christmas gift and the zebra outfit is a hand-me-down from her cousins. 

- I spent an afternoon tagging spring and summer items for the Here We Grow Again - Indy South Spring 2014 Sale. I have 50 tags made already and that was my goal for the whole sale!

- Mark ran to the grocery and by combining sales and coupons saved 22% off our total bill. This included a really nice toothbrush for $1.25 and his deodorant for just $.63!

- I snagged an Amazon giftcard on Swagbucks. We want to purchase Season 4 of "Downton Abbey" later this month and look forward to saving at least $5!

What have you been doing to save money? Have you been earning free stuff on Swagbucks or another site? I'd love to hear about it!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"


No comments: