Monday, January 6, 2014

Toddler Fruit Cookies

As we have recently discovered Annabeth's peanut allergy, I have been searching the internet for peanut-free snacks that I can make at home. So many crunchy and sweet snacks at the store have nuts! I discovered this one on Pinterest over the weekend and since I had everything on hand we whipped up a modified batch on Monday. I put just a few chocolate chips instead of the full 1/3 cup and subbed soy milk for dairy milk for Annabeth and Mark's sake.

Toddler Fruit Cookies
(Dairy, Egg, and Peanut Free)

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
2 cups, uncooked quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup applesauce
1/3 cup raisins or craisins
1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional, omit to make dairy free)
1/4 cup skim milk (we used low-fat soy milk to avoid the dairy)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. brown sugar

Instructions:
1. Mash the three bananas in a large bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
3. Let sit for 5 minutes to moisten the oats.


4. Put onto cookie sheets and bake 15 minutes at 350.

Hot out of the oven!

I thought these were very quick and easy to throw together. I like that they are not filled with flour or sugar AND that they have so many kinds of fruit hidden inside!

Annabeth loved them! 

No comments: