Friday, February 7, 2014

Frugal Friday 25

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- Annabeth and I took our 3rd annual Christmas-Clearance-Mall-Trip. Each year we take $25 to the mall and see what all we can get for next fall/winter/Christmas by combining coupons and sales. This year we were able to get her 5 shirts, 4 pairs of leggings, 1 Hello Kitty outfit, AND three shirts for my Godson's birthday and Christmas gifts this year. Saved: $107.45!!

*We generally purchase used clothing both for Annabeth and myself. However, I like to have holiday outfits for each season and they are easy to find on mall clearance this time of year. Also, I grew up in a combination of hand-me-downs and new and I always really appreciated the new outfits that were given to me. We want Annabeth to have and appreciate both as well*

- My best friend gave us some leftover Hello Kitty fleece material from her Christmas projects. It wasn't quite large enough for a full size baby blanket so I made a tie-blanket for Annabeth's dolls. She has ended up enjoying it as a lap blanket as well. Thank you Rose!

My first attempt at a tie blanket. It was as easy as everyone said! 

Annabeth with her new lap blanket. 
She loves to watch her morning video cuddled up with it.

- My friend Sarah texted me about a deal on diapers.com for people new to the site to get $10 off/free shipping on first box of diapers. There was also an extra $1.50 coupon. This ended up being enough diapers for the next month for less than $40.00! Saved: $11.50

- Annabeth and I signed up for the Winter Reading Program at our local library. We earn points for visiting the library and have a Bingo card to check off extra items such as - do a puzzle, go to story time, or check out more than 5 books. So far Annabeth has earned a free flashlight and dress up necklace!

- We did a 4 item trip to the grocery to replenish weekly items. We also were able to score a great deal on our dishwasher detergent - Cascade Platinum Packs (with the hard water here we had to do some testing to see what actually cleaned our dishes). By combing a store sale + online coupon + paper coupon we were able to get a one month supply for $1.39! Saved: $2.60

- I took Annabeth to a FREE Hop & Bop Dance Class at our library.

Total Saved: $121.55

What have you been doing to save money this week? How do you use up extra material?

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: