Friday, May 16, 2014

Frugal Friday 39

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is what we did to save money/spend money wisely this week:

- I placed an order with Shutterfly. I had a coupon for a free photo book and my friend Cindy sent me a coupon for a free sheet of address labels. I also had a $20 off $20 purchase so I made three gifts we will give this summer. Saved: $53.98

- Instead of going out to eat or purchasing special food for Mother's Day we enjoyed leftovers at Brian and Kristi's from Cassidy's bridal shower the day before. Kristi and I had purchased quite a bit of food that was not eaten at the party and it was nice to be able to enjoy party food two days in a row!

- Mark and Annabeth surprised me with a real jade necklace and earrings for Mother's Day. Mark reported that they saved 40% by talking down the salesman and saying "Please." :) Some mamas might be offended but I was just proud!

- We gifted our moms and my Momaw with homemade photo gifts. We worked hard to find good deals on printing photos as well as the frames. We think that we made very nice, meaningful gifts without spending a fortune.

Annabeth helping Nana open her Mother's/Nana's Day gift

- I realized our calendar was open this whole week, so I decided to really dive into potty-training with Annabeth. We enjoyed the week at home and by wearing diapers only in the car and at bedtime we saved around 30-40 diapers*

Her first day in cloth diapers - 11.09.11

- I was blessed with FREE Starbucks as the car in front of me paid for my drink. Saved: $5.13

- As we have been able to do each year we have been married, we paid our car insurance in full for the upcoming year (our year starts each June 18). Saved: $150.00

Total Saved: $209.11

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

*From the time Annabeth was 1 month to 23 months old we used cloth diapers. However when our washer broke last fall, we did the laundry at Mark's parents and I washed the diapers on the incorrect cycle and shredded them. As Annabeth was almost two, I thought potty training would be complete in those next few months and decided to just buy diapers for a few months as that would be less than rebuying cloth diapers. More than 6 months later, we are still buying diapers! If I would have known how long it would be, I may have bite the bullet and purchased cloth diapers again as we could have at least sold them at the end of potty training. Oh well, we live and learn*

No comments: