Friday, May 2, 2014

Frugal Friday 37

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is what we did to save money/spend money wisely:

- I mended a skirt of mine and pants of Annabeth's. We love to repair and reuse as much as possible.

- We enjoyed a weekend at my parent's lake house. Annabeth and I enjoyed lots of free fun such as hiking, geese watching, and throwing rocks into the water. We did spend money in town buying overpriced groceries at Bernie's Market but at least we were overspending locally.

Relaxing morning spent on the dock.

- We enjoyed Starbucks as a family twice this week thanks to a giftcard from Mark's parents! It was fun to have special coffee treats and cakes. Thank you!

- We enjoyed Smother's Park in Owensboro, KY not just once but twice so far this week. It is by far one of the biggest and nicest parks/playgrounds I have ever seen.

 Posing with a turtle at the park

- We spent a morning at the Owensboro Museum of Science and History. It was just $3 for Annabeth and myself.

- I found Annabeth's favorite yoga pants on sale (finally!) at Children's Place. I have been waiting for them to go on sale since she received some as a gift last fall and loves them. I was only able to find one pair in the next size so I scooped them up.  Saved: $11.99

- I decorated our Derby Hats with supplies we had on hand. For my hat, I reused my same brown hat from past years and wrapped my prize from last year's "Best Hat" win around the hat - a horse scarf. Annabeth's hat was an Easter/Derby gift from Momaw. We used tulle and a toy horse from last year's hats to decorate. (I will do a Derby post after this weekend and include pictures)

What have you been doing to save money? What parks do you enjoy?

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"

No comments: