Friday, May 9, 2014

Last Day of 2013-2014 School Year

We made it! Today is our last official day of homeschool for the year!

In this last week of school, Mark and Annabeth refinished her new school table. We were able to do some rearranging of the school room just in time for summer crafts!

Before Picture.
Our school room has been my craft room/sunroom/homeschool storage.

After Picture.
We are slowly moving our things out so that she
can have a full-fledged school room. 

Annabeth posed in the same outfit and same place for her last day of school picture as her first day of school picture.
Our Little Bit is getting taller and taller each day!

Last Day of School Questionnaire:



Annabeth knows her letters A-Z and numbers 1-20!
Annabeth knows how to say "Please," "Thank You," and "No Thank You."
Annabeth knows how to tell the difference between letters and numbers.
Annabeth knows the letter sounds.

But most importantly,
Annabeth knows how to share the Gospel. She can tell you that Jesus died on the cross, was raised from the dead, for the forgiveness of our sins, that we may have Eternal Life.
If she never learns anything else we are so happy that she can share His Word and has even done so - rather loudly during Library Craft Time. :)

My favorite Bible verse is Acts 20:24
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."
I have been working with Annabeth on getting her to memorize this verse. I would love for her to write it on her heart and then live by it forever.

We began this homeschool journey unsure of quite a few things:
Would she like it? Would I like it? Would I be able to teach her? Would she be socialized? Would this work for our family? Would this glorify God in our home?

We end this year, the first of many we pray, sure that:
She seemed to like it. I loved it. I feel that she learned quite a few things. We had many wonderful library classes and field trips with other kids. It does work for our family. And we pray, daily, that this glorifies the Lord.

We start back to school August 11 using Alpha Omega Publication's Horizons Preschool for Threes. Until then we are looking forward to a summer of play and informal learning.

May ALL we do glorify the Lord, the one from Whom ALL blessings come.




No comments: