Friday, March 20, 2015

Frugal Friday 83

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- I ordered a Mother's Day gift for Mark's mom this week because it was 50% off! Saved: $15

- My Momaw (my Mama's Mama) gave Annabeth a subscription to High Five - a magazine from the Highlights series for Christmas. This is a great gift because Annabeth loves to get mail and to read it each month. She especially enjoys the mazes and puzzles.

Reading her latest issue of High Five 


- Friday night our washer stopped mid-cycle and began beeping. This was the third time in a year that we've had a draining issue but thankfully a repairman who came last time taught us how to fix it ourselves. Mark drained and took apart the washer. He found a ripped off shirt sleeve clogging the drain. Washer is fixed (for FREE!) but we are one shirt sleeve down in Annabeth's closet.

- About a month ago we put in our new fridge with water filter. I can FINALLY drink our own water and we do not have to buy gallons of water at the store. Our tap water gives me horrible stomach aches so we have been buying water since we lived at our old house. We will save $10-$15 a month by not having to buy water at the store!

- I hit a 9 month milestone with Pampers Rewards and earned another reward. I ordered 300 additional pampers rewards. Soon I will have enough for another free photo book! While I don't enjoy buying diapers, I hope to print Owen's pregnancy journal for free using Pampers Rewards.

- We have had an issue with our plastic spatulas and spoons melting as we cook. We are not sure if it is due to age or just wear and tear but Mark decided to get some new bamboo ones this week. We used a coupon and got 6 new utensils for just $.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

- Getting ready for church became a fashion show Sunday morning as Annabeth has outgrown MORE of her clothing. I entered some items for the spring sale and organized others into the winter sale tote.

- We enjoyed the warm weather this weekend by taking trike rides, taking walks, and having our first dinner of the year outside.

- Monday I washed and put up 9 month - 3T clothing for Owen given to us by our friends the Sherry Family. I have been feeling the need to "nest" a bit but we have not brought his dresser up from my parents yet. Beginning his "Grow Into" tote made my brain feel more organized.

- Our friends the Jones family gave us a tote of 24 month clothes for Owen. I washed and organized them on Wednesday. Thank you so much!

- My Mama messaged and said a friend from work was in need of some 3T girl clothing. I had just taken a big box to our neighbors but I found what we had left and will take it to them. We also had Annabeth choose one book and one toy to share with this little girl. She chose a ladybug book and a suitcase. We were proud of her generosity to give something big instead of a little, dinky toy.

We had a good week of school and Annabeth even wrote a musical about our Bible story. It featured a song: "Lazarus died and Jesus got him out of his death cave" An instant classic!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference" 

No comments: