Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Annabeth and I cleaned out her toys and for the first time I asked her to pick ones to give away. She willingly chose to give away five items. We still have entirely too many toys but I was very proud of her for beginning to really think about what she plays with and what she likes instead of me always making those calls.
Dressed as Sofia the First sorting through her toys
- I sold Annabeth's Easter dress from last year on a Garage Sale Facebook page. Made: $10
- Mark's mom and I hosted a Bridal Shower on Saturday. We used fresh flowers as decorations and then we enjoyed them all week as they decorated our house. We also saved the extra paper supplies and decorations for future parties. As party favors we sent everyone home with sunflower seeds (the bride-to-be's favorite flowers) to plant in their gardens this spring.
Hand painted sign for favors
- Sunday, after church, we went to Mark's parents to celebrate Easter early. We ate quite a bit of the shower leftovers as part of lunch. It made much more sense to enjoy party food two days in a row instead of making all new food again.
- We enjoyed Sunday dinner from Chili's thanks to a gift card from Mark's parents. We just had to pay the tax. Thank you!
- All of Monday and Tuesday breakfast and lunch, Annabeth and I ate only leftovers from the weekend. We enjoyed rolls, fancy bread, ham, fresh fruit and veggies, and our leftovers from Chili's.
- Annabeth and I rolled change from her piggy bank. We were able to add $43 to her savings account.
- We enjoyed a FREE Easter party complete with stories, crafts, and an egg hunt at our local library.
Hunting eggs in the books
- I made a small grocery trip this week and came out of the store over budget. Once in the car I reviewed my receipt and found that they had charged me for our toothpaste twice. I went back in and they refunded me the $3.19.
- We are Wyndham Rewards members (we stayed 2 nights at a hotel 18 months ago) and occasionally we receive random free offers in our e-mail. This week we received a free Shutterfly photo book. The coupon will expire before I will finish my next two books so I put it out on Facebook that the first to comment would win. We gave it away to my friend Alysha who loves to scrapbook as much as we do!
- I shopped Abe's Market online this week because they had free shipping on $29+ orders (usually orders must be $49 to qualify for free shipping) I was able to get more than 50 individual Annabeth-Safe Snacks for $29.46 by buying favorites that were on sale 60% off and free shipping (additional $4.99 savings)
- I ordered our homeschool supplies for next school year. Alpha Omega Publications does a 20% sale in April. I was also given a coupon code for an additional 10% off! I received free shipping as our order was over $50. I was able to come in an $20 under budget with the 10% coupon!! We spent just $180 on everything for the 2015-2016 school year. Saved: $65
- We got a new a sleeper sofa as a combined birthday/welcome Owen gift as Owen will be taking over the guest room soon. Luke and Cassidy took our old couch. We were so thankful that they were able to use it and that they were able to move it as well!
We are looking forward to a warm, sunny Easter Weekend celebrating the fact that He is Risen!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"