Friday, April 10, 2015

Frugal Friday 86

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We handed out homemade Easter cards to our parents and grandparents. Annabeth and I made "Some bunny loves you" and "For Peep's Sake...Have a Happy Easter" cards modeled after this Pinterest find. We also mailed bunny stickers that we had on hand to our nieces and nephew in South Dakota.

- We dressed up for Easter Sunday but did not purchase anything new for the holiday.

Amy: Cardigan, tank, and shoes I have had for 2+ years.
Maternity leggings on loan from my friend Rose and maternity dress on loan from my friend Alysha. 
Annabeth: Cowgirl boots, leggings, shirt, and bow that she has worn all winter.
Bunny dress was a gift from Grandmama-Mimi.
Mark: This is a typical work/church outfit for Mark.

- We are still enjoying fresh flowers from the bridal shower I hosted on March 28. I have been changing out the water and throwing away wilted flowers. We still have four very nice arrangements around the house.

- I took ALL of the clothes out of my closet, Owen's closet, and my dresser. It resulted in a HUGE purge of items:
      - 20 items went directly to Goodwill. Old t-shirts, tank tops, and items I knew would not be wanted by others in my life
      - 19 items went into a large bag for my sister to go through. She can take what she wants and then pass on.
      - 7 items, barely worn, went in a ThredUp clean out bag and were shipped out on Thursday
      - 3 pairs of very nice dress pants went to a friend who is a teacher. I have not worn any of them in in the 3.5 years I have been working in the home
In all that makes 49 articles of clothing leaving my wardrobe! That is insane! Clearly I have been holding on too much!!
       -
- I combined a Babies R Us coupon as well as a manufacturer's coupon to save $11 on the largest box of Pampers Size 1 diapers sold. I paid just $.17/diaper.

- I sold a bag of books and DVDs at Half Price Books. Made: $7

- I switched Annabeth's closet from winter to spring/summer. 15 items made their way to the sale tote for next fall. 

- Mark worked a shift Thursday night at his part time security job.

We had a busy week at home and got a lot of little projects done. I am working diligently to get the house ready for Owen to come, Lord Willing, in the next 8 weeks!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference" 

No comments: