Friday, May 22, 2015

Frugal Friday 92

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I had the opportunity to test a new shampoo and conditioner through an eRewards survey. I received a bottle of each in the mail and $3 eRewards for my time. I loved the shampoo and the mid-size bottle will be perfect to pack and use when we go to the hospital to have Owen.

- Our neighborhood had a community garage sale. We did not sell from our house since the weather was forecasting rain and storms on and off Friday and Saturday. I was glad we did not bother since it rained a huge portion of the weekend. We did shop some and I found Owen 5 very nice sleepers/pajamas for $1.25.

- Last week I joined Ebates and this week Mark did. We each earned a $10 gift card through referrals and purchases. We should receive them in the mail in 3-4 weeks.

- Mark's mom brought us lunch on Saturday. We all enjoyed the free Dairy Queen meal. Thank you!

- Monday night we dropped off 100 items at the Here We Grow Again - Indy South sale. The sale is just a few miles from our house and very easy to take things to. I had more items that I could have tagged but was just too worn out lately to get it all finished. I made sure to tag our high dollar items first. I will update next week with our profit.

- We pre-shopped the consignment sale. I found 9 items and came in $6 under budget. I found three items on my list: blanket sleeper for Owen, tea set for Annabeth, and a leotard for Annabeth in the next size up. We also found a picnic basket toy that Annabeth loved, shirt for Annabeth, Brave nightgown, a boutique outfit for Annabeth, an octopus onesie for Owen, and a special three piece dress up outfit for Owen with a bow tie. Annabeth has been wanting to get him an outfit like this but they are way too expensive new. I decided that this $5 one was the one for her to get him.

She was SO happy to find a tea set! 
We have been looking for a while and I was glad to find one she liked at a great price. 

- We went nearly two weeks without a grocery trip. This forced us to eat lots of items we had been ignoring in the pantry and freezer. We were able to use up quite a few items that had been open and we completely used up other items to make room for pre-baby shopping trip storage.

- I shopped ThredUP (through Ebates) and after using my credit on their account I paid just $.97 out of pocket for two new-with-tags items.

- Our friends the Jones Family sent us a HUGE bag of clothing for Owen. They dress their son Karsten how I want to dress Owen and I love getting clothes from them! Owen will not need a single thing in 24 months or 2T thanks to sweet friends who have shared so much!

- We were able to send our giant foam playhouse home with our friends the Stair Family this week! I am so thankful that they wanted it and that it is out of our garage!

We had a wonderful week despite a huge change in the weather. Monday was in the 80s and it felt like summer was here, then some rain came in, and it turned to cold, rainy 60 degree weather. We enjoyed time outside in both temperatures.

We hope that you all had a wonderful week as well!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: