Friday, May 1, 2015

Frugal Friday 89

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I colored and highlighted my hair at home. I saved $5 with coupons and spent just $12.

- Mark came home from training in Alabama and fixed our broken vacuum and the broken dryer. We saved on service calls by waiting for him to be home to fix them. The dryer part we ordered on Amazon, with Amazon bucks I earned doing surveys, fixed the dryer completely so it was a $0 fix!

- We ordered Owen's car seat through Amazon Smile*. The car seat was on sale (10% off) + we used Amazon money I earned through online surveys ($43 worth!) + free shipping = 50% Savings!!!

- Mark worked one night at a part time job.

- Annabeth and I found 8 items for $13 at Goodwill. We found her a new dress up dress (Barbie Princess) and 7 items for Owen. I was very excited to find a sheriff shirt, Colts onesie, and Notre Dame outfit!!

- On the way home from our Tuesday doctor appointment, I resisted the urge to stop for fast food. We came home and made turkey-bacon BLTs - cheaper, healthier and we used up fresh produce.

- I was able to sell some curtains and decorative pillows on a Facebook Garage Sale Site. We have not used any of these items in the two years at the new house so it was time for them to go! Made: $15

- I received my upfront payout through thredUP for six items I mailed a few weeks ago. I will keep the money on their site and use it as credit for a future purchase. Made: $17.50

- Last week the kids received a diaper box of hand-me-downs so this week we refilled the box and took it to Goodwill. I am trying really hard to get rid of an item for every item that we bring into the house.

- We stopped at the post office to mail a birthday package and one of the ladies gave Annabeth a very nice FREE coloring and activity book. It has lots of neat activities and little lessons about "The Wonders of America."

- We enjoyed a Thursday picnic at the park and play day with our Homeschool Group. We were all very excited to see a beautiful owlet up in one of the trees!

- As we left the park, I noticed that pre-voting was open at the community center. Annabeth and I stopped for a quick lesson about the importance of always voting. I voted and Annabeth enjoyed getting a free sticker. Since voting is free I will mention it here as a frugal activity and hope that ALL OF YOU (at least those in Indiana) remember to vote on or before next Tuesday in Indiana's Primary Election.

Overall we had a good week working around the house. We got lots of work done in Owen's room so that we will have space for him to come home to! :) Just 5ish weeks to Owen!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

*We choose to support Every Mother Counts though Amazon Smile and Amazon donates 0.5% of all qualifying purchases to their organization. Every Mother Counts is "a non-profit organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. We inform, engage, and mobilize new audiences to take actions and raise funds that support maternal health programs around the world." 

No comments: