Saturday, May 23, 2015

Our 6th Anniversary

Six years ago today I married my best friend.


A few months ago Annabeth asked me about our wedding picture and what happened that day. I replied, "That was the day that Daddy and I promised God and each other that we would be together, with only each other, forever." A simple answer but a huge commitment.

I promised Mark, and God, for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, and foresaking all others, keeping only to him all the days of my life.

For better or worse.
In the past six years, we have had some really good times and some really bad times. We have held hands through joy and through sorrow. We have shared words in whispered talk of the years to come and loud, harsh words of anger. We have loved each other and been good to each other and we have loved each other on days when we have been not-so-good to each other. We have loved each other through bright days and dark days.

Richer or poorer.
We have never been rich by the world's standards but I feel that we are. We have always had a roof to live under and food to eat. The Lord has seen fit to bless us with enough for our needs and extra to bless our church and others.

In sickness and in health.
We have walked through four surgeries together. Mark was by my side and I labored towards the delivery of Annabeth. Mark held my hand as we watched our daughter's body enter the world, he held me as we prayed for a miracle, and he was with me as we heard that first teeny, tiny miraculous cry when the Lord gave her life again. We have loved each other through the surgeries that followed that day, an injury and surgery following an arrest Mark made, and through our health journey with Annabeth.

Foresaking all others, holding only unto each other.
We do not spend our days looking forward or back at who we might have hard or who we might have in the future, instead we know that we are meant for each other alone. We waited for each other and we will spend our days, how ever many are given to us, only with each other.

All the days of my life.
We chose this wording because we believe marriage is forever. Marriage, in our hearts and minds, is not just for this life but for this life and the Life Eternal.

It is my greatest honor to serve our Lord each day as Mark's wife. I thank and praise the Lord for my husband who seeks the Lord and to do His will alongside me each day. May we continue to live in Christian marriage and may we do His will all the days of our lives. Amen.

I will love you forever. 

Photo Credits: Michelle Forche www.memoriesbymichelle.com

No comments: