Friday, May 29, 2015

Frugal Friday 93

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We enjoyed our 6th Anniversary with a sushi dinner and ice cream out thanks to our generous parents! :) Thank you all!

Before heading out to dinner.
Hard to believe how quickly six years has gone!
We are looking forward to many, many more! 

- I closed out the consignment sale with record sales. I made $150 and made $10 for my sister-in-law. Annabeth is still in a lot of the clothing that Jenn sent from the girls so she will make even more once Annabeth outgrows those items.

- At the check-out of the sale, there was a huge gift basket that I could enter to win. I filled out an entry form and was given a gift bag with three kinds of formula just for entering. Since I plan to nurse Owen, as I did Annabeth, I asked around and found a friend who could use one can. The other two cans went to our church food pantry.

- I brought home less than 20 unsold items from the sale. I divided them into three sections: save for winter sale, ThredUP, and Once Upon a Child. Some items (long sleeves and tutus) went back into totes to save for the winter sale as I make the most money per item at the consignment sales and I want to try them again in the fall. I mailed all of the summer Gymboree and Hanna Andersson items to ThredUP to earn store credit with them. Finally, the rest of the clothes went, with items I did not get tagged in time for the sale, to Once Upon a Child. I also took Annabeth's single stroller there to sell. Made: $27.50

- Mark cleaned out both of his closets and had 4 large trash bags filled with clothing he will not wear. We chose to donate it all to our church garage sale which will take place mid-June.

- Tuesday we had a long, rainy afternoon and Annabeth enjoyed watching some Disney shows. On Mickey Mouse Clubhouse they made banana muffins and she asked if we could do the same. We only had one banana left so I hopped on Pinterest and searched for ideas. I found this Banana Breakfast Coffee Cake recipe and it turned out to be very yummy! I cooked some turkey bacon and added fresh fruit for a "Breakfast for Dinner" meal that night.

- Mark worked a night at his part time security job. This was his last night on for May and June as he plans to take off to help me with the kiddos.

- We pre-paid our car insurance for the year. We always save a great deal of money by making one payment instead of monthly payments. Saved: $111

We had a wonderful week waiting for Owen. Keep checking back as, Lord Willing, we will have news of his arrival soon! :)

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: