Monday, May 25, 2015

Mu-Yin Jewelry - Beautiful Pea Pod Necklace

Quite a few months ago, I stumbled across a beautiful pea pod style necklace on Pinterest. I bookmarked the link and once we know that Baby #2 was a boy, I decided to order one for my Mama's Mother's Day gift. It was an absolute pleasure working with Mu-Yin Jewelry.

Here is the necklace that we ordered for Mama:



I knew that I wanted four peas in the pod, for my sister and me as well as my kids. Since Owen's due date fell on the line between May and June, I wasn't sure if I should pick green for May's emerald birthstone or white for June's pearl birthstone. Ultimately I decided to do three pink pearls (one for me, Lu, and Annabeth) and one blue (for Owen).

Mu-Yin Jewelry is all handcrafted by the artist Mu-Yin Chen in Charleston, SC. Her designs are all absolutely beautiful and I loved that I could really hand-pick exactly what I wanted from the metal color/material, the pearl color, as well as chain length. Her site also includes other beautiful jewelry designs.

I ordered and received our custom made piece in less than 3 weeks time. I look forward to ordering from Mu-Yin again!

No comments: