Friday, April 22, 2016

Frugal Friday 139

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- Mark worked one shift at his part time job.

- Mark's parents treated us to lunch on Sunday after church. They also took Annabeth to see the musical Cinderella at Lutheran High School. Mark and I enjoyed a date afternoon at home with just Owen.

- I redeemed Gymbucks from Gymboree to save $25 on my order. I also took advantage of a FREE shipping day and went through ebates for 1% cashback! I love shopping Gymboree sales for the kids' clothes because they are cute, comfortable, and they hold up very well.

- Both Owen and I had sick visits and prescriptions this week (he had a double ear infection and I had a severe sinus infection) Because we budget and plan ahead for times like this, we are able to pay for doctors visits/medications without having to dip into savings or use a credit card (we don't have a credit card). Weeks like this are why we worked so hard to become debt free.

Owen has always posed so nicely for pictures,
but this week he decided to grab the camera every time I tried to take one.
I feel toddler-hood coming at a rapid pace!

 - Tuesday I paid for the car behind me at Starbucks. Tuesday would have been the 13th birthday of a young man named Jacob. Jacob was a member of our church and passed away suddenly last spring. His family asked our church to all complete random acts of kindness in his honor. It was my pleasure to honor Jacob and, hopefully, make someone's day a little brighter.

- Our friend Cynthia brought us tamales for lunch on Thursday. I had never tried them before but loved them. She brought enough for us to have lunch today as well. Thank you Cynthia!

We had a very low key week due to a sick baby and sick Mama.
We stayed home except for a few errands, to help friends, or to be there for friends.
We hope your week was healthier and more productive than ours!

1 comment:

Abbi said...

So sorry you have been dealing with sickness. I hope you are better soon! It is fun to hear about your money saving.