Friday, April 29, 2016

Frugal Friday 140

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We enjoyed lots of time working/playing out in the yard. Mr. O ended up having to enjoy his time from the highchair since he was eating quite a bit of grass and mulch when left crawling :(

 Mr. O enjoys reading destroying the newspaper each day
He was looking at a story about school readiness - he's planning ahead for Kindergarten 

- We redeemed a FREE pizza offer from Papa John's.

- I shopped the Our Lady of Greenwood sale. This has always been one of my favorite sales as most items are $.50 and it has always been (until this year) very well organized and easy to shop. They were not as organized and I ended up not finding as much as ususal. However, what I did find were great finds! I found Annabeth 4 shirts she approved of, 4 shirts for Owen, 3T snowpants for Owen, and a 7/8 coat that both Annabeth and Owen will be able to wear since it is just red. My big find of the day was a neat hanging rack that we will use to organize dress-up clothes. I have been looking at these on Pinterest but they were more money than we wanted to spend on something like that. This one was $10 with all money going to OLG's work in Haiti -- that was the right price and cause for me!

Annabeth's new dress up rack.
She can hang her dresses, doctor coat, etc 
and then the box in the bottom holds hats, jewelry, and shoes.

- Sunday night Mark and I had an at-home date with DiGiorno pizza and a movie.

- Monday morning the kids and I went to vote early. I am so proud to live in a country where I have the right to, safely, vote. Praying that God honoring leaders will be elected and will serve our country and our Lord well.

- I dropped everything off for the spring Here We Grow Again consignment sale. I will have my sale totals late Saturday/early Sunday. So far, I am very far ahead of usual in my first few sale days!! Woohoo! My 30th Birthday Trip Fund will be so happy!

- The kids and I preshopped the sale Wednesday evening. I found just a few things that we needed. I found Owen 4 shirts and Annabeth found 2 dresses and 1 pair of gymnastics shorts. She also took along her spending money and chose a new toy. I helped direct her away from the worn, plastic toys and she chose a little wooden farm set. It is nicer than the plastic toys and I liked that it will be something Owen can enjoy too.

We are so thankful to have been healthy and much happier this week!
We are also so pleased that Owen has started to pull-to-standing! He is quite proud of himself (he cheers and dances for himself each time he does it) and so are we!

Reminder to our Indiana friends: Indiana Primary Election Day is Tuesday, May 3 - please make time to vote!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: