Happy Frugal Friday #30!
Here is what we did to save money/spend money wisely this week:
- Thursday evening Mark's parents invited us to spend Saturday at "Discover the Dinosaurs" We were SO excited but I panicked because I ALWAYS want Annabeth to have themed outfits for every birthday, holiday, and event that we are part of. So, Friday morning we got up and got to work. We crafted a dinosaur shirt and matching bow all from items we had on hand.
- Mark and I have been on a mission to eat healthier and get into better shape. Combined we have lost more than 20 pounds this year. This past week we stepped it up by joining www.myfitnesspal.com. We have friends who have successfully used the app/online program for years and love it. We had talked about joining a gym or doing Weight Watchers but we love that this is FREE!
- Sarah and Bella came up for the day. One of my favorite consignment stores, Growing Spurts, has just moved to a new location so we went to check it out. I found an amazing tutu dress for Annabeth to wear this summer. Saved: $28.00
- A friend from high school was in from out of town. Instead of meeting at a restaurant for dinner, I made dinner at home. We had a casserole and mixed berries. It was nice to use things from our own fridge/freezer instead of going out and paying much more for dinner out.
- Annabeth and I enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather this past Tuesday. We spent the whole day outdoors: walking the neighborhood, digging in the dirt, playing with neighbors, and eating dinner outside. Free, wonderful fun.
What have you been doing to save money this week?
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"