Here is what we did to save money/spend money wisely this week:
- Last Saturday Annabeth and I attended a Bridal Shower for my soon to be SIL and BIL. We took a homemade card, gift purchased with our Christmas giftcards, and wrapped it in paper received from my Momaw.
- Annabeth loves playing with baby doll strollers at family and friend's houses but she does not have her own at our house. I thought I would just go purchase one but even at consignment stores they were $10 - much more than I wanted to spend! We solved the issue by borrowing one from Mark's parents' house. They have three, one for each granddaughter, but since the big girls are only here a few times a year we will just return it for those weeks.
Annabeth is having a lot of fun pushing Pink Baby Kitty around the house
- Monday was Mark's 26th Birthday! His parents took us out to dinner at the Mexican restaurant by our house. Although they were paying, we still found a $5 coupon to help with the cost of dinner. :)
- Instead of purchasing a bakery item Annabeth and I made Chocolate Chip Pie and served Kroger ice cream for dessert.
- We enjoyed the week at home and did a great deal of spring cleaning to keep us busy.
- Instead of paying for an outing this week, in addition to our usual storytime at the library, we enjoyed playing in the snow and taking walks to watch construction workers and cranes build a new house in our neighborhood. Annabeth loved all of the machinery!
What have you been doing to save money this week? Do you do store-bought or homemade desserts for birthdays and holidays? Any tips for saving on store-bought treats?
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"