Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pie

This weekend is our church's annual Fish Fry so I have been baking pies today. This is Mark's favorite pie that I make and so I thought I should share the recipe. It is so, so easy and yummy warm or cold!

Chocolate Chip Pie 
- from the Old North UMC's 2003 "Taste of Heaven" Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chocolate chips
1 pie crust, homemade or from the store 

Directions:
 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Beat eggs until foamy
3. Mix in sugars and flour
4. Mix in melted butter
5. Spread 1 cup chocolate chips across the pie crust
6. Pour batter across chips in pie crust - batter will be runny
7. Bake 1 hour
8. ENJOY :)

It is an easy, inexpensive pie for times I am making quite a few pies for an event like Fish Fry.

My pies lined up to cool before I take them to church. 


A slice of pie, crumbled crust because it was too hot to cut but I was ready to taste test it.


What are you baking this week?

No comments: